[WFRP 2e] Morrslieb's Shadow 19

My PC
Mordrin Skorkinson, Giant Slayer.

My companions:
Udrin Sor-Valdir - High Elf Wizard Apprentice
Gustav Jaeger - Human Priest of Verena
Ludovic Hasselhoff - Human Entertainer

From Mordrin's point of view:

(Previous updates)

The Verenean's know the value of a hero. They put us up in their temple overnight, ousting some of their own to make room. The elf states they are using us to add legitimacy to a political power play. Either way I got a decent meal tonight.

We were summoned to the estate of the Markgraf, the Imperial Governor of Helmgart. Apparently word finally got to him that we were back in town. He asked me to serve in the town's rebuilding process. He seems to know the value of good dwarven ingenuity, dwarf craftsmanship, and our ability to keep order. He also desires some stupid ambassador work out of me. I'll pawn that off as soon as possible. The hard physical labor of rebuilding and the cracking of human heads to get people in line may keep me occupied for a while, but it is the uncertainty of the wilderness outside the west gate that really calls to me.

Before the Markgraf's scheduled dinner, I decided to visit the habitation of Clan Kargin. Their stone building seems to have survived the meteor storm. Their windows are patched up, and the roof is already replaced. They are a shining example to the pathetic manlings in this town. 

The dwarf matriarch, Granny Ella, is concerned about our trip to Groz Zorn. Apparently the small fortress was designed to protect and keep an artifact created by the ancestors millennia ago. The artifact has now become a chaos orb. She worries about its fate since seeing the beam of light streak out of the mountains.

She also indicated she knows about more of these stones. I tried to discuss this with her, but she went off on a tirade about me not yet finding my doom. I tried, vehemently, to get her to listen to reason, but the mental instability that plagues her daughter seems to run in the family. She is close to being named in my Book of Grudges.

Our conversation, turned argument, turned conversation lasted well into the night, and I missed the appointment for dinner. There are no complaints, as Clan Kargin fed me well. When she has calmed down, I will ask Granny Ella more about these stones. My doom may be linked to them.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report