[WFRP] More South Land Creatures

I love the D&D 2e Monstrous Manual and Monstrous Compendium Annuals. They are such a ground for inspiration. I recently realized my collection was missing the print versions of the Annuals, so I started ordering the least expensive ones from Amazon.

Compendium Annual Volume Two arrived recently, and I thumbed through it to reacquaint myself with some of the monsters. I was excited to find some that will fit perfectly in my Warhammer South Lands games, set in the Spears of the Dawn setting.

Draco-Sphinx: Perfect for the mountainous areas of the setting, and a great Warhammer type creature, as it is essentially a manticore with drake instead of human features.

(Copywrite WotC, I'm sure)

Mummy, Creature: These are mummies of animals and monsters, instead of just humans. Great for an African theme.

(Copywrite WotC, I'm sure)


Marl: Giant, acquatic snake-like creature found in swamps and rivers. Fits my snake theme!

(Copywrite WotC, I'm sure)



Laerti: Desert dwelling reptilian humanoid? Perfect! The book says they hire themselves out as mercenaries. I see them working for the Umthali.

(Copywrite WotC, I'm sure.)


Kalin: Spider-ant? Sounds like a bestial Warhammer creature to me!

(Copywrite WotC, I'm sure.)

Dwarf, Wild: I wondered where I was going to have dwarves in this setting. These ones inhabit tropical jungles. That might indicate more of an Amazon-like area, but I think I can slip them into the Spears of the Dawn forests! Yay! Dwarves in the south!

(Copywrite WotC, I'm sure.)


Centaur-Kin, Zebranaur: Africa is the place for zebra. These fit the setting to a T.

(Copywrite WotC, I'm sure.)

There were many other inspiring creatures in this volume, but not for my South Lands game. Man, I love these books!




Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report