[WFRP 2e] Morrslieb's Shadow 29

My PC
Maximillian Morningglory, Halfling Agitator
Magnus the Pony (Safely stabled through the sitting)

My companions
Gustav Jaeger - Human Priest of Verena
Udrin Sor-Valdir - High Elf Wizard
Ludovic Hasselhoff - Human Entertainer

From Maximillian's journal:

(Previous update)

While we were staring at the dead body of the printer and the witch who killed him, we heard a noise like a rock hitting the room's window. I looked outside to see Alepuddle waving frantically at me. He said someone was coming in the front door. I moved quietly down the hall and peeked down the stairs. There was a woman looking over the dead bodies below. I pointed the blunderbuss and told her to hold still, but she took off running. She paid no heed to my call, "Stop, witch! Running is proof of your guilt!"

I followed here outside in time to see the Angel of Justice (daemon) make another appearance, this time with Willowwand's upper body in its grasp. Ludovic appeared out of nowhere (note: He had enthusiastically jumped out the upstairs window), got one look at the daemon, and ran off again. I aimed the blunderbuss and pulled the trigger. At first nothing happened (note: I failed my BS check...however, on fortune point later...). Then the weapon erupted in an echoing "BOOM." Whatever shot Jaswick kept inside the gun tore the daemon to pieces. It even hit the nearby witch, though she ultimately ran off and we couldn't find her.

The daemon melted into a colorful goo, which Udrin warned us to back away from. I sadly turned to the mauled body of Willowwand. "Alas, poor Willowwand. I knew him, Alepuddle. A halfling of infinite jest." But Alepuddle had long since fled the scene.

The next day was a blur as the church of Verena questioned me mercilessly about the killing of the daemon. Gustav and Wolfgang paid Lord Aschaffenberg a visit and found him to be guilty of collusion with his wife (or at least not stopping her). The next day we watched as him mansion was burned to the ground.

The Witch Hunter gave us each a script worth 230 GC in his name for our work on the case. I cashed mine out for 50 GCs, 5 gems, a necklace, and a bracelet (150 GC total). I took my gold and hired an ogre bodyguard at the docks. This monster hunting was getting to be serious business, and Ludovic had a habit of running when trouble arose. That and Jaswick wouldn't let me keep his blunderbuss.

The ogre, Tegort, was unarmed. That is not acceptable in a bodyguard, so I had to buy him a warhammer. That's 28 gold spent on a bodyguard so far....for only 1 month. This ogre is sure to bankrupt me on our barge trip to Altdorf. I believe we plan to leave tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report