WFRP: Helmgart Recovers? (8th Sitting)


Last night was the eighth sitting of our WarHammer 2e online campaign. Much has already happened, and much more is planned.

My PC
Mordrin Skorkinson, Troll Slayer. I've built up a little more backstory for him (which you don't get to know about until he's dead) as well as having his adventuring career to draw from for my roleplaying.

He now wields a two handed war-hammer taken from a slain priest of Sigmar. Don't fret; the priest deserved it. He is looking for sheaths for his previous weapons, an orc Choppa and a sword taken from the body of a slain hobgoblin.

My companions:
A Brettonian Knight Errant
A High Elf Scholar
A Human Scribe
A Wood Elf Wizard Apprentice

Encounters and notes
The party continues to enjoy the status of heroes for our key involvement in saving the town from purification by fire. We helped put out the fire and helped the town become purified by herbal remedy instead.

The night of our celebration, the high elf pulled us aside and told us of an adventuring opportunity, back to the ruins of Groz Zorn. It's an abandoned dwarf hold in the mountain above the town of Helgart. You didn't have to ask me twice.

We visited the town's stoneyard owner, who wants us to go up to Groz Zorn to prove to everyone it's safe and there is nothing wrong with the stone. I told him there's nothing wrong with it, but that doesn't seem to be good enough for him. He wants us to bring back the keystone from the arch over the hall. I pointed out that the keystone is necessary to keep the rest of the arch in place, but he didn't seem to care.

Our new employer sealed the deal with a barrel of Bugman's Best. It was a beautiful thing, even if the Knight had more than his fair share.

In the morning, I helped myself to loading up the high elf's cart, waited for everyone until bored, and then looked around for some of my companions to keep me entertained.

I went with the scribe and the high elf to the temple of Verena. The manling wanted his dreams interpreted. I could have done that for him, but for some reason he didn't ask. His dreams tell him to seek grim and perilous adventure. He needs to come with us to the ruins. Case closed.

At the temple, the priest of Verena asked about dwarf social habits, specifically with the priestesses of Valaya and their interaction with dwarf troops during war. I opened my mouth the educate the priest and the high elf cut in. He went off on a long diatribe concerning how dwarf culture worked. Krutting elgi thinks he's an expert.

The priest started spouting recruitment propaganda at our manling, so my attention drifted a bit. I need to make sure the library is good dwaff stonework, else all those books could go up in flames.

We had a small battle at the zorn (meadow) of Groz Zorn. My new warhammer is a thing of beauty, smashing the first goblin we met to pulp with one hit.  Next I'm going to try it out of the defaced shrine inside.

Out of character
You can watch the game, as it was recorded in an OnAir Hangout. Unfortunately, you can't also see the maps and all the typed conversation that's going on in Roll20.net. You miss a lot not being able to see that.

It was very interesting to see the player of the human scribe working set himself up in a little bit of everything. He has a connection with the temple of Shallya, a connection with the temple of Verena, a connection with the Graf (mayor, essentially), and getting a connection with the dwarf. He might have connections with the other characters as well, but I have no way to know due to Roll20's whisper feature.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report