Gygax Magazine Expectations

Since my brain is foggy (it has been a long week already), and the buzz going around is the return of TSR and the revealing of Gygax Magazine, I thought I'd weigh in with my thoughts and expectations.

(Aside: I hope you're not hearing about it now for the first time. Heh. This blog is not a good place to keep up with current events.)
Gygax is a gaming magazine for new and old players alike .We are looking forward to the games of tomorrow and today, while preserving the traditions and history that got us where we are now.
Our articles and features cover current independent and major publisher games such as Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, The One Ring, Shadowrun, Godlike, Labyrinth Lord, Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, Warhammer 40k Roleplay, Traveller, and others, as well as classic out-of-print games with a modern following, like AD&D, Top Secret, and Gamma World.
 My thoughts on the magazine are summed up in this: I only play one of the games listed above. AD&D. Even then, it depends on which edition (though I hate to be like that). I may have the PHB and assorted books from every edition, but I only regularly play 2nd edition. I wouldn't mind playing 1st or OSRIC or BECMI or LBB, but I really haven't had that opportunity.

Dragon Magazine was great for me (in the 90s). Most of the articles contained usable information that I could port over into my game. A gaming magazine described in the quote above seems like it will be too filled with a variety of games I don't play to really entice me.

Hopefully reality proves different than expectations.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report