[WFRP] Southern Creatures from Compendium One

I love the D&D 2e Monstrous Manual and Monstrous Compendium Annuals. They are such a ground for inspiration. I recently realized my collection was missing the print versions of the Annuals, so I started ordering the least expensive ones from Amazon.

Compendium Annual Volume One arrived recently, and I thumbed through it to reacquaint myself with some of the monsters. There weren't really any for my Warhammer South Lands games, set in the Spears of the Dawn setting. Here's the closest thing to something I might use:

Stone Snake: I'm always looking for a little variation that fits the Warhammer setting.

(Copyright WotC)


Snake, Giant Cobra: Giant varieties of creatures are great, too!

(Copyright WotC)

Ormyrr: Fit the snake profile and add a little variety.

(Copyright WotC)


Ophidian: Yet another snake creature.

(Copyright WotC)



Naga, Bone: Can't forget about the skeleton version of some of these.
(Copyright WotC)


Marrashi: I'm not sure when I'd get to use this otherwise, so a type of beastman would be cool.
(Copyright WotC)

Gambado: This creature might just be messed up enough to fit into Warhammer. It burrows into the sand with only the bleached skull showing, then springs up when prey approaches?

(Copyright WotC)

Dragon-kin: These should definitely get used somewhere, I'm just not sure if the South Lands is the best place. I've already got a lot of other snake races crowding in the humans.







Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report