Sigmarzeit 8 - 10

We leave Bovi on the barge around 6 PM

On board, I practiced using my bow some more with Henry. He had cut some fake arrows from some reeds at the dock. He's still not the greatest. How he ever managed to kill that large rat is beyond me.

Lord Erik is making a good show of running the ship, but if you look closely, you can tell that Alan, one of Darryl's confidants, is really running the ship. Alan and the rest of the crew are really working our new recruits. I wonder if they realize how much we need the new people to complete our mission. Starlana looks very unhappy when she observes the rough treatment.

9th

I was told we were heading to Morin, a small town of only around 200 people and our last stop before the end of the river. I don't expect there will be much to recruit from. I practiced some more with my bow. I seem to be getting better and faster. I can shoot two arrows while Henry shoots one.

We arrived at the town around 5PM.

We headed straight for the inn to try to recruit more help for our mission. The place was called the Blue Goose Inn and it seemed that every patron there actually worked for the innkeeper. If he needed something, he just asked on of the young men sitting down drinking.

Upon investigation, we found that the town had been decimated by a disease some time back - The Grey Shingles. Supposedly it has been eradicated, but I hope we don't stay too long.

Recruiting was a failure, as predicted, so we headed back to the barge. One of the recruits from Bovi, Kirk, saw a glint in the surrounding forest along the trail. I'm starting to feel pretty confident in myself, so I decided to take a look. Gunther came with me for some added protection, though.

In the forest, Skreet and Skratt were waiting for us. I led the recruits off the trail by saying "here, kitty kitty." They lost interest when they thought I saw a cat in the forest.

The skaven told us that we were being followed by 3 "litters" of enemy skaven. I'm not sure how many skaven are in a litter, but I'm prone to assume it's like a company of warriors. They complain of being tired chasing us, but we tell them the boat is the fastest way upriver. They're just going to have to meet us at the end.

10th

We sailed for most of the day until we reached the end of the river. The barge could go no further and Capt. Darryl let us off.

There was a guide waiting for us, a burly man named Hagar. He was large, red headed, bearded, and had two bloodhounds with him. He wasn't very personable and pretty much told us to keep up and to watch out for unknown beasts.

We were expecting a three day trek to our destination. Some things happened to slow us down, though.

Skaven were seen in the woods. A party went up to check it out, and the skaven ran off. We expected an ambush, but it almost seems like we were just being watched. Hagar let us know that, though we have Lord Erik in the party, Hagar is in charge until we reach the destination. Everyone must tell him everything and listen to everything he says. I can understand that, since he feels responsible for our well being.

At night we prepared camp fully expecting an ambush. For this reason, I decided we should put more eyedrops in our eye. We decide to keep the eye drops secret as we don't have enough to go around.

Sure enough, there was an ambush that night. It happened on my watch, though on the opposite side of camp. When I got there, I was able to kill 3 shaven with 3 shots. One shot went straight through the creature's forearm and into it's heart. Though gruesome, it was pretty cool. I really, really do not like the rat creatures.

When the dust cleared, Jesse, one of my recruits, died in the fight. I seem to have bad luck. Jesse was the last one carrying my backpack.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report