Thoughts on Stalwart Adventures 1

didn’t want my thief/wizard to be a melee character. Neither one of those classes have armor at low levels. But things don't always go as planned when there are only 3 players, with 1 PC each.

So I used all my extra character points to make sure I could use at least 1 weapon semi-proficiently. That kept me from some nonweapon proficiencies that may have fit my character, but I can work on those as we adventure. I’ll find out what my character is interested in and what the party needs for skills. So far that may include Riding - Land Based and maybe Rope Use.


Rolling two natural 20s in our first night’s combats may give me an unrealistic view of what this character can do with a bow. I still need to make sure I’m staying on the periphery of action, and that I’m keeping spells to protect myself. The fighter and the cleric can hopefully take care of themselves.


My last concern is that my thief skills are a bit watered down, as I wanted some ability in each one. Tips I’ve read suggest specializing. We’ll see how these play out when I finally need them. I have some reconnaissance coming up in the next sitting, so those skills may be needed sooner rather than later.



Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report